Everything you wanted to know about Mystery Shopping, but was afraid to ask
- Popular myths about being a mystery shopper
- Who is a Mystery shopper?
- What characteristics make a mystery shopper an ideal one?
- What skills will you develop while working as a Mystery Shopper?
Today we want to debunk some popular myths about being a Mystery Shopper and give you a wider view of this type of work.
- So “Mystery Shopper”, is he… buying some kind of things for his own money?
No, Mystery shopper – is a person, who helps to improve quality of service in different business sectors by performing “mystery shopping evaluations”.
Sometimes it may be connected with buying some kind of goods – but in most cases, you need to return them or the company will compensate you for the purchase.
Why “Mystery”? Because one of the main tasks of working as a mystery evaluator – is to stay undercover (except when the scenario states otherwise). This is what you got to do to see the true picture of the quality of service – so staff will treat you like a usual customer.
- What will I receive from being a Mystery shopper?
– Higher service quality in your town/city
– Guaranteed payment
– Free shopping in cafes, restaurants, beauty salons, gas stations
– New experiences and professional skills
– Flexibility and opportunity to choose the amount of time you dedicate to your work
- Do I need special skills and experience to become a Mystery shopper?
No, it is a freelance type of job, and anyone, who is above 18 may join. Before taking part in the evaluation your personal coordinator will provide you with all necessary information, and you will need to pass a small project knowledge certification. What skills will be a great plus for your work?
– Communication skills
– Attention to detail
– Good memory
– Ability to objectively evaluate the environmentSome of the mystery shoppers have a real talent for excellent communication, which is extremely useful for this work. Competence and ability to manage the time properly are also extremely useful in the issues of the reporting and deadlines.
In general, as in any other field of work, it is important to develop all your skills and talents for the most effective work.
- How to conduct a successful visit?
In order to conduct a successful visit, make sure to read the brief attached to the survey along with the survey itself before the visit. Also, read the instructions relating to the visit making sure to pay attention to any obligatory notes and important pointers to be noted during the visit. It is also important to pass the certification before the visit.
- How can I become a Mystery Shopper?
What do I need to do should I wish to undertake the project?In order to participate in the projects, you need to register your interest at https://scheduling.shopmetrics.com/You can then download the formal offers for review. After you have filled in the questionnaire, you will be sent a login and password to your email address in order to be able to access your personal account.After creating a personal account, you will be asked to complete a training course aimed at clarifying and highlighting survey details. Once you have passed the test, you will be provided with a list of all the current vacancies in your region.Then, choose a location, apply for a survey, study the brief and complete a questionnaire at the end.
You will be able to work in your personal account and review all client-approved audits before receiving payment.
So, hurry up to join our big Mystery Shoppers community and let’s improve quality of service together!